2012 Sponsorship & Feedback

Thankyou to our sponsors who recognize the importance of innovation and excellence in blended learning.  Your vision helps position Victoria as a leader globally in blended learning.

• Electroboard
  • Microsoft
  • Polycom

FEEDBACK COMMENTS 2012

What is the most important thing you will take away from the conference?

• Contacts, resources
  • The connections made during breaks
  • As educators we must be willing to adapt to new experiences and dig under the surface to make learning contextual, authentic and situated into todays context.
  • An excellent contact with Chrissy Hose and feddback on my own presentation.
  • Ideas and connections with other professionals. Starting points for new projects.
  • How other teachers use video conferencing in their classrooms
  • The contacts made. The skills practiced The knowledge that it can be done!
  • The connections with Opera Australia
  • Myf’s transformation model – appreciate that innovation is a process and we are well on the way to transforming learning.
  • I found Myf’s presentation very useful and well thought out. Some of the material presented I’ll incorporate into my professional dialogue with colleagues.
  • Some great advice on using videoconferencing effectively for purposeful learning
  • iEarn- I really found Rowena Gerber inspiring and now have a purposeful way to use the Polycom unit with my team and students.
  • Teaching and learning first … technology second. The importance of good teaching in the use of various VL tools is paramount.
  • That blended learning is achievable with patience & planning
  • That we are on the right track, continuing to link teachers and students with ICT that works
  • The importance of sharing practice with colleagues and networking.
  • Meeting my contacts at my video conf schools
  • Use of tech – Lync/Vodcasts New ideas
  • To try new things
  • I am extremely enthusiastic and brimming with ideas that I am going to try out over the holidays to use with my students and that I should be engaging students with the technology and global knowlege available
  • How user friendly it can be. How students can be integrated into a big picture and not feel so isolated.
  • The ideas and networks
  • The vast array of options that exist for VC opportunities
  • New practical ideas, eg podcasting
  • That video conferencing is really not that challenging to set up.
  • Trust the ch’n in front of me to teach me more about technology.Education in the 21 C is the walls of the classroom as i know it coming down to embrace the walls of the whole world entering my class room & the children in it.
  • Ideas for video conferencing in the science classroom.
  • To take baby steps, and monitor my commitments to trialling new technologies.
  • So many ideas!
  • Positive experiences of those engaging in blended learning
  • Examples of practice
  • Confidence to make contact and use VC more in our school
  • Knowledge about teleconferencing and ideas for using it in our school, with inspiration to make contacts outside our school.
  • new ideas, better familiarity with programs, enthusiams
  • Being able to set up a videoconference with specialist providers eg: Australian Museum
  • The idea that videoconferencing is accessible from a wide variety of sources, and can be free.
  • learning one note, smartboard and the benefit to be able to set up blended learning with other schools
  • Moodle and setting one up!

What were the best features of the Conference?

• relevant, engaging,
  • small groups, good mix of presenters and attendees
  • The variety and spread of good examples of technology in use today.
  • The networking opportunities and getting feedback for my own presentation. Guest speakers like Gaby or Chrissy.
  • The quality of the workshops and presenters on the panel. The venue was beautiful. The workshops complemented each other, the pedagogical threads were strong.
  • Meeting new and like minded people struggling with similar issues
  • as above
  • The international concert.
  • Content providers such as questacon were great. helpful to have such willing and passionate people to talk to about VC and blended learning.
  • The use of technology to bring in guests from all over the place.
  • The theme is parralel with my passions – engaging learners, ensuring rural schools have full access to experts, global classrooms, range of subjects etc. Many presenters were teachers who gave so much of their experiences. I liked the small nature of the conference where it was easier to network and meet others. I like this time of year as it is much easier to be released when I have VCE teaching commitments.
  • Seeing a range of ways the polycom unit can be used, great ways to integrate ICT in to the classroom and also seeing and hearing the great success stories in other schools.
  • The diversity of the presentations … from local teachers, academics, overseas presenters, etc. Ranged from practical and hands-on, to bigger picture and international implications.
  • The information from people who have been there & are doing it!
  • Meeting fellow teachers and sharing ideas
  • Great networking opportunities and exposure to what other cutting edge classes are doing.
  • Being reflective Food & Venue Networking
  • Enthusiastic presenters
  • Interenational perspectives, lots of prepared workshops, that it was towards the end of the year so did not miss teaching VCE classes; this also allows more time over the xmas holidays to try out & experiment.
  • Seeing video conferencing really working. in the real world effectively
  • the keynotes
  • The number of varied presentations available
  • Good chance to talk to others with similar needs.
  • Having the equipment there, the quality of the presenters.
  • Some wonderful innovative speakers hwo are leading the way with their teaching in blended education.
  • Meeting a variety of people with an interest in video conferencing and technology in education.
  • The wide variety of workshops available across the two days.
  • The opportunity to have ‘live’ video conference experiences
  • The presentations I attended were well delivered
  • Range of sessions
  • Networking, options, variety, teachers at the coal face sharing
  • Great range of workshops. It was my first conference! I could have picked twice as many.
  • choice and variety
  • Meeting and sharing ideas with other teachers (inc via twitter)
  • The ability to talk to other teachers from around Victoria about what they are currently doing in their classes, and what works/doesn’t work.
  • Using Video Conference across the world
  • The location…brilliant! The Questacom staff,

Other comments:

• thanks
  • Not everyone drinks REV 🙂
  • Wonderful, well worth my while travelling from Wonthaggi!
  • Follow up, extension and Q&A session via Lync or Polycom.
  • I would like to have seen the vetting process for the Polycom awards include: interviews, referee checks, discussions about the application.
  • Thanks for a wonderful conference
  • It was a great success well done
  • Thank you for organising such a comprehensive conference!
  • I would like to see it happen again.
  • Thanks to all involved.
  • Thanks to the team for putting this event together. Looking forward to 2013.
  • It was excellent, I just wish we had something like that in the Eastern side of the state. I had to come from Bairnsdale.
  • It would be better to have earlier notification about the upcoming conference – only found out about it 2 or 3 weeks prior